At Big Horn Hospital Association, it is our goal to provide our patients with the highest quality care to ensure the best possible healthcare experience. We know that understanding the billing and insurance process can be confusing. To improve price transparency, all U.S. hospitals and health systems are required to provide a list of standard charges – also called a chargemaster – so patients can compare prices across hospitals. Here are a few considerations to keep in mind as you view the list of Standard Charges and Shoppable Services:
- The chargemaster lists the dollar amount set for each service prior to insurance contract discounts or self-pay discounts being applied, so the price patients pay tends to be less that the standard charge, though it is not a guarantee.
- Hospital charges differ from patient to patient for the same service depending upon variations in treatment.
- Patients who are eligible for financial assistance also may receive additional discounts. Please see our websites home page for information on our Financial Assistance Policy (Community Care)
- Items included in a charge vary across different hospitals. For example, what is included in one hospital’s chargemaster for room and board may differ from another hospitals charge. Sometimes listed services can be bundled together, and others may be listed separately.
- Looking at various hospital charges does not provide any indication of quality of service and outcomes.
For more information, please contact the Big Horn Hospital Association Business Office at 406-665-2310.
This posting complies with the Affordable Care Act, Section 2718(e) of the Public Service Act